Saturday, September 12, 2009

Goulart Square Bakery

This is Goulart Square Bakery on Rivet Street in the South End of New Bedford. They carry a fantastic Portuguese corn bread. The woman in the painting was kind enough to let me do my thing so I could do this painting for my blog. I don't know her name yet but the next time that I go in, I will ask her and then update this post. At one time I lived right down the street from this bakery and would walk here on a weekend morning to buy the bread still warm out of the oven. Not much was better than that with a little butter and some cold milk....I think that I will just have to get some tomorrow morning. Oil on Panel / 5.9” x 5.9” / 15cm x 15cm
Purchase of this daily painting may be done through contacting my email . Each daily painting is $150 US plus applicable tax. (Please see Terms of Sale)

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing on this earth that is better than warm Portugese bread . . . A nice warm malasada and a cup of coffee, hmmm. Beautiful scene here Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,

    This is maganificent. Your work is just beautiful. I love the look on the woman's face, and the reflection in the counter. Wonderful.

    Thanks for your exceptionally kind comment on my blog.

    Take care,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete