Saturday, August 7, 2010

P-town Beach Model Sketch

Yesterday had me back in P-town to discuss with the Egeli's my options for studying this fall in Annapolis. The Egeli's were having a class and their model, Christa, was posing again so that the workshop attendees could finish the paintings that had started earlier in the week. I was just there for the afternoon but they invited me to stay until morning. I wasn't sure if I was going to make a start at a painting or if I was was just going to sit and watch them on the last afternoon of the summer workshop series. I ended up doing a few sketches of the model and of some of the painters. This is one of the sketches. My sketch book is also a great place to keep quotes that I hear as I am working. The clouds were rolling in as we were all getting started and a drop or two fell before the big clouds rolled away. Some of the painters were concerned and the instructor gave a great quote and it is there at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment