Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Ally


My Ally is not feeling well today. She is just getting over a cold and so I tried my hand at charcoal. I think that this may be the first charcoal that I have done since my first drawing class in Boston almost twenty years ago! About two months ago, I bought a book on charcoal portraits, a drawing kit that contained charcoal pencils and a stack of charcoal paper. I did make one study of a John Singer Sargent so I guess this is my first charcoal from life in many years. It is not finished but Ally posed for about an hour. She liked the way it was coming out so she would go back to posing after little breaks. Maybe we can finish it tomorrow. Still beautiful as always, she does look tired. Thanks, Ally!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words on my blog. Love your classic style - it's exactly the kind of subject matter that I like to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. Thank you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete