Friday, October 16, 2009

Mossy Moran

SOLD
I went to the Kinsale Inn in Mattapoisett tonight for a good hot dinner, the company of friends and to listen to Mossy Moran. He is a wonderful Celtic Musician and has a lovely voice. I could not stay long. I left at 8:30 to dash home and paint this for today's post. I know that these little works are just a training ground for me and that I use them to sharpen my skills and as a discipline but sometimes the tight time limit leaves me wanting to add more, to make the likeness more accurate, to finish the work just a bit more. But this is all good. It forces me to be decisive and get the most basic elements down as quickly as possible. If it were a painting a week I would be tweaking it for seven days!

So thanks to Mossy for giving me permission to use him as tonight's model and for my friend, Aoife Clancy who told me that I should go tonight and see him play. It was a very nice time...next time I will paint and post first so that I can stay a while longer.



5.9" x 5.9" / Oil on Panel / 15cm x 15cm


Purchase of this daily painting may be done through contacting my email . Each daily painting is $150 US plus applicable tax. (Please see Terms of Sale)

No comments:

Post a Comment