Sunday, October 25, 2009

Last Day of Sculpting




This was a great experience, to strip away the skin and get to know a little bit about the bone and the muscles that make up the body. I learned a lot from my teacher Rick Casali. This has just whet my curiosity and I am looking forward to going home to study this more. I will dust off the old "anatomy for artists" books and make some clay studies at home...and sketches...and paintings. I will have to apply what I have learned to my daily paintings. That is the great thing about being an artist...there is always more to learn.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Christine. It's truly amazing to see what can be created with your hands and a little patience. Can't wait to see what blossoms from your lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Art. I did learn quite a bit in that class. It was a new way of looking at the human figure and head for painting. I don't think that I will ever look at a face the same way again! I will be checking to see the planes and their tone differences. I am eager to paint portraits with this in mind. Fun!

    ReplyDelete