Friday, June 19, 2009

Sunset at Hacker Street Beach


Today's painting is a sunset at Hacker Street Beach which is a short walk from my sister's house where I had just visited. It was started at 8:30 PM. The fog was rolling in quickly so I had to work as fast as I could to try and capture the misty-ness. It was fun and by the end I had to put on a head-light so I could see what I was mixing on my pallet and so I could pack up my gear before the mosquitoes took over. I had the company of three men who had just finished catching some large blues. It was a very good end to a very nice day.

Oil on panel, 5" x 7"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I think when we have to paint fast we paint better because there's not room to fiddle around - just get the essence and race the clock! This piece has the feel of a real place. Nice plein air work.

    ReplyDelete