Monday, February 1, 2010

Steve's SAVI Boat


SOLD
Tomorrow is Steve's birthday and so today I painted his boat...well...a small painting of his boat! I fixed it a little after I took this photo but when I went to re-shoot the work, my camera could not tell that the memory card was inside! Grrrh! It would not let me take a picture! So this is his birthday gift at the not quite finished stage. Tomorrow I get to go out to eat dinner with Steve and his daughter Victoria! I am looking forward to it very much!
Update....Steve sent me a photo this morning of the finished work so that I could post it. He and Tory have decided to display it on a wall in the boat. Very fun....this is the first time that one of my works will be set out to sea!
This painting is no longer available.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Christine! I just wanted to leave you a comment and let you know that I think the painting is amazing! You did a wonderful job!! I'm so sorry I didn't get to go to dinner with you guys, but at least I got to see the painting online. Hope to see you soon. -Sarah Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah!

    Thank you so much! I am just really happy that you like it...and your Dad, too!
    It was good to see Tory again and she had lots of great stories! I wished that you could have been there, too! Next time!

    Wishing you a great day!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Christine. You did a fabulous job on the water AND the boat! What a delightful present - he must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine,

    This painting is great. I'm sure he will be happy with it.

    I am passing the Sunshine Award on to you for creative and positive blogging. You can go to my blog to collect it... or just be happy knowing it is there. Please don't feel obligated to do anything more with it.

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Kelly! I am always so happy when artists comment on my work. He was very happy and surprised! He was thrilled and let me know over and over again! Sweet man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nicki!

    Nice to meet you and thank you so much for the award. I am humbled and honored. :)

    You have a wonderful blog. I stopped by to view your work. Bright Summer Light is fantastic and I really like the warm colors where the sap flows!

    I have to say, you remind me of myself when I chose to raise my two young children myself and do art on the side. Now they are older and my youngest is in her last year of high school so I am now able to really focus much more on developing my skills and in a few years, hope to be supporting myself from art alone.

    Good luck to you and I will continue to follow your work. Feel free to e-mail me anytime!

    All the Best,

    Christine

    ReplyDelete